Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 12: Tricycles in Cienfuegos


Today I woke up at 9am with no alarm and it was really nice. I went down for breakfast at 9:30 with my mom and eventually only Abby joined us because Lien had already eaten earlier. We all went back upstairs, and my mom and I packed up our room and left the house at 11:00 to walk to the Internet cafe. On the way there, we passed a group of guys yelling at each other.

When we arrived at the Internet cafe, there was a line outside, but thanks to a guy standing by, he told us the line was for the telephone, and if we were there for internet, we could go in.  We went inside and bought the internet cards and went to the internet room. All the computers were taken, so we just had to wait.

My mom went back to the house to use the restroom and I continued to wait. A computer became empty while she was gone and I went on and emailed all my teachers about missing school and emailed a few friends. After finishing, my mom and I went to "San Jose" again because it was delicious. We both ordered cheeseburgers and it was really nice.

Afterward we walked to the market street and bought really pretty bracelets for my closest friends. We headed back to the base house after our shopping trip and loaded onto the van. We drove to Cienfuegos, and it took about an hour and a half. We arrived at the main plaza and walked around with David and ended the tour at the base house.

We moved in and loved our house with a very nice bathroom. We met with everyone at 5:15pm and we took tricycles to an outlook spot except for Annie and Lien who decided to walk. We climbed up the many stairs to the balcony and it was well worth it; the view was stunning. We all enjoyed our drinks, and I got a virgin piƱa colada.

After our drinks, I asked the musicians for food recommendations and they called over some guy. The man talked to my mom and I for what felt like hours and eventually, he left us alone. We walked to one of the restaurants he recommended and when we walked in we got menus and saw that everything was $15 and nothing looked that amazing, so we left and continued walking for quite a while. Soon we found our old taxi driver and he tried to take us somewhere else too. We found out that at the restaurants, if a certain person brings you to the restaurant, they get an incentive. We ignored his recommendation and found a place called Florida Blanco. The prices were much better and the food was delicious. We finished and all separated to walk home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment